- "Scheme" – an offer by the Police to complete an educational training programme as an alternative to receiving a fine.
- "course" – the particular online module offered in relation to the Scheme.
- "Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty" – the fixed penalty notice sent to you by the Police.
- "Completion Deadline Date" – 28 days from the date of the course invitation letter.
- "Ticket Number" – the unique number printed on your course invitation letter.
- "PIN Number" – the unique 4 digit number printed on your course invitation letter.
- "we" and "us" – means AA DriveTech.
- "you" – the customer who is the subject of the offence.
- ACPO – Association of Chief Police Officers – creators of this scheme for Police forces of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- DriveTech – creators of this scheme in conjunction with a number of UK Police Forces.
a) Course completion: You must pay for and successfully complete your course by the Completion Deadline date. Failure to pay for and successfully complete your course by the Completion Deadline date will result in the offer of the Scheme being withdrawn and you will have to pay the fine notified on the Fixed Penalty issued to you by the Police.
b) Payment: We accept payment by most credit and debit cards via our website. We cannot accept payment by cheque, cash or by instalments. Payment for your course is non-transferable and non-refundable, including in the event that you do not successfully complete your course. In the event that you pay both the fine and course fee the relevant Police force will refund the fine.
c) Website: In order to access the course, you will be required to enter your Ticket Number and PIN Number into the Safe Ride Safe Road Scheme website – SafeRideSafeRoad.com. If you cannot find your Ticket Number or PIN Number or have difficulty logging onto the course website, please use the ‘Contact Us’ form on our website or contact our Client Services team on 0344 2646323.
d) Collection and use of information: In deciding to offer you this course we have checked your details against our database to establish if you have completed the course within the last 3 years of this offence. If you decide to accept the course, we may ask you to give additional information so we can process the course participation. If you complete the course, your details relating to this course will remain on the system for up to 6 years from the date of the offence, after which any personal reference to you will be erased. Your details will not be released to any other parties except a Police force if they are considering making an offer of a course in the future. Your personal details will not at any time be made available to the public or any other business within the AA. If you fail to complete the course or if the offer is withdrawn your personal details relating to this matter will be erased from the database.
f) Warranties: To the maximum extent permitted by law, we give no warranties and make no representations of any kind relating to the course including, without limitation, any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability.
g) Liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law:
1) we will not in any circumstances (including, without limitation, negligence or breach of statutory duty) be liable for any loss of income, loss of opportunity or entitlement, loss of revenue or savings, or for any consequential damages (whether arising from any Course, from your participation in, or inability to participate in, any Course, or otherwise); and
2) our liability to you arising out of any and all claims (whether arising from any Course, from your participation in, or inability to participate in, any Course, or otherwise) will not in any circumstances exceed in aggregate the total amount of the sums paid by you to us for the Course to which that liability relates.