About the course
The 5-day course is designed for a 1:2 ratio starting at 09.00 am. It will develop and test delegates’ appreciation of 4×4 systems and tried and tested driving and journey planning techniques that minimise the risks of off-road driving.
Equip delegates with effective methods to impart their knowledge to others and get the best from their students in the classroom and in the vehicle.
Delegates receive feedback and guidance throughout the course before a final examination of their ability to train others.
- Day 1: Participate and observe the delivery of the Professional 4×4 Off-Road Driver – Basic course
- Day 2: Participate and observe the delivery of the Professional 4×4 Off-Road Driver – Advanced course
- Day 3: Coached by a professional off-road trainer, participants will practise their classroom delivery skills using the Professional Off-Road Driver – Basic course presentation
- Day 4: Participants will practise their practical delivery skills, delivering training sessions on all the practical elements of the Professional 4×4 Off-Road Driver –Basic course whilst being mentored by a professional off-road trainer.
- Day 5: Participants will share the delivery of the Professional 4×4 Off-Road Driver – Basic course
Please note: Delegates must have completed our basic and advanced courses or hold an equivalent qualification from another provider. They must also hold a nationally recognised instructor/trainer qualification or preferably a PTLLS or an Award in Education and Training level 3 qualification before being accepted on the course.