Health & Safety
QinetiQ is a multinational defence technology company. As one of the UK’s largest defence contractors, the company has several commercial divisions. Spread throughout the company, there are approximately 200 employees with Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) licences, who are required to drive vehicles as part of their job, while other parts of the organisation need to use off-road 4x4 vehicles, often on hazardous terrain.
QinetiQ were looking for a best-value supplier with a wide range of Driver CPC-accredited LGV courses. With the Driver CPC deadline looming, they had to ensure that all 200 drivers across 15 sites received 35 hours of accredited training.
Following the success of the Driver CPC courses, DriveTech were asked to deliver off-road 4x4 driver training and to get involved in developing specialist courses for electric vehicles, safe loading and vehicle recovery. This, in turn, has led to DriveTech delivering ‘train the trainer’ courses for car and off-road driver assessors as well as consultancy on ‘O’ Licence and telematics. In the meantime, DriveTech has extended its reach to QinetiQ by supporting their Health & Safety Day in August 2018.
- Driver CPC training delivered to 200 drivers in 5 years
- Additional training courses including off-road 4x4 and other specialist courses
- Frequent customer contact so that new ideas could be developed into new courses quickly and efficiently, within a week of conception
- Courses tailored to meet customer requirements and make them fit for purpose
- Courses delivered at multiple sites around the UK
- Training focuses on attitude and behaviour of drivers, not just their driving skills
- Full range of over 25 courses including Tachograph, Winter Driving, Safe Culture and 'Train-the-Trainer'
- Drivers feel they are learning something new, rather than being told how to drive
- Trainers are knowledgeable, professional with great presentation skills producing a good rapport with the drivers
- Administration is fuss-free and easy
- A great relationship has been built with the Project Management team at DriveTech