DriveTech is supporting Road Safety Week 2019. This year's theme is 'Step up for Safe Streets'.
|Road Safety Week 2019 will share how a focus on design can stop human error from causing death or serious injury on the roads, can encourage walking and cycling, and can make sure that the air is clean, helping keep everyone safe, fit and healthy.
Below outlines how DriveTech are planning on supporting the campaign. Keep an eye on this page for updates, or follow us on our social media channels for more regular updates:
|Let's get behind Road Safety Week - make our streets & roads cleaner & safer for everyone to use.
How is DriveTech supporting?
Monday 18th: Slow
Help drivers understand that the slower they drive, the more chance they have of avoiding a crash and saving a life.
- Look out for DriveTech’s Speeding Advisory.
- Have you considered our Speed Recognition Course? Tailored for drivers who have accrued 6 or more penalty points on their licence for excess speed within the last 3 years. It is also ideal for drivers who are at risk of losing their licence through ‘totting up’ or face a pending court appearance likely to result in a period of disqualification.
Tuesday 19th: Sober
Remind drivers of the dangers of driving whilst under the influence of drink and/or drugs.
Look out for our driver advisories:
- Drink Driving
- Drug Driving
Wednesday 20th: Secure
We want both the driver, and their vehicle, to be safe and secure. Remind drivers of the importance of belting up in a vehicle, including their pets. Also educate drivers on vehicle maintenance to ensure they are safe to drive, and finally how to keep vehicles secure from thieves.
We will share:
- Some key advice from our Your Belt Your Life course (courtesy of UKROEd)
- Our Seat & Head Restraint driver advisory
- The AA's video on Car Thieves
Thursday 21st: Silent
Drivers shouldn't need reminding but sadly we all see people using mobile phones when behind the wheel. The focus here will be to help drivers realise the risks if they take or make calls, read or type when driving.
Look out for:
- Our Distracted Driving advisory
- The AA's video on Driver Distraction - What to watch out for
Friday 22nd: Sharp
Ever driven somewhere and not remembered how you got there?! We all need to stay focussed on driving and remember the importance of taking regular breaks and not driving if tired, stressed or on medication that affects driving.
When was the last time you got your eyes tested? You should get your eyes tested every two years and wear glasses or lenses at the wheel if required.
Keep your eyes peeled for:
- Our Fatigue driving advisory
- Our All Eyes on the Road driver advisory
- The AA's video on Drowsy Driving
- The AA's video on Text & Drink Driving
Saturday 23rd: Sustainable
Driving for business in the most part is a necessity and there is not an option to drive less.
We can still make the streets cleaner by making greener choices, and we can make them safer by being aware of vulnerable road users including pedestrians, cyclists & motorcyclists
- Our Electric Vehicles advisory
- The AA's 'Now You See Me' video
Sunday 24th: Make the Pledge
DriveTech share Brake's vision of a world where streets and roads are cleaner and safer for everyone to use.
To help us get there, Sign The Pledge, whether you are a driver or not. The Pledge calls for people to drive less and, if they do drive, to do everything they can to protect themselves and the people around them.