About the course
LoCITY Driving focuses on minimising the environmental impact of vans and HGVs by reducing emissions through the use of pre-journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving and alternative fuels.
As London grows, so does traffic congestion and air pollution. The seven-hour Driver CPC-accredited course aims to give delegates the knowledge and skills needed to cut costs and minimise the environmental impact of fleet operations.
Commercial drivers have a greater responsibility than other licence holders because they are employed to drive, so are required to drive professionally, responsibly and with consideration for the environment and other road users.
This course will cover the following topics:
- The relationship between driving style, fuel consumption and environmental impact
- How regular maintenance and vehicle checks can cut costs and emissions
- Fuel-efficient driving techniques
- Use of in-vehicle technology to improve fuel economy
- Benefits of journey planning
- Alternative fuels in commercial vehicle