About the course
This highly-engaging full day course examines a driver’s most prominent personal exposures to risks and looks to reduce the likelihood of them being involved in future road traffic incidents.
Participants are encouraged to explore methods to achieve better fuel efficiency and implement driving techniques required for driving a modern vehicle.
The course uses both presentation and on-road training techniques. Participants significantly benefit from applying the knowledge gained during the interactive presentation to practical on-road situations, helping to improve efficiency and enhance a driver’s performance.
The end result will be a competent driver who is capable of managing the daily pressures of driving their vehicle for work with the use of personal coping strategies, contemporary driving techniques and the safe application of modern technology.
On this course, participants will:
- Begin with a presentation exploring:
- Attitudes towards driving & personal risk
- Impact of future technology
- COAST coping strategies – Concentration, Observation, Anticipation, Space & Time ‒ speed, fatigue & distractions inc mobile phone usage
- Take part in a short assessment drive
- Cover the Fuel Efficient Driving module to:
- Explore methods to achieve better fuel efficiency
- Identify focus areas for personal improvement
Agree a set of personal objectives
- Observe a trainer demo drive, displaying fuel-efficient & best driving practices
- Receive coaching to achieve the desired objectives
- Receive a full report with advice for continued risk reduction and fuel-efficient driving