About the course
This course t aims to reduce drivers’ risks by developing their understanding of key elements of safe driving techniques. It looks at the most common attitude & behaviours that statistically increase the odds of drivers being involved in incidents & collisions.
The workshop also better equips drivers with the knowledge & skills to further reduce the risk of vehicle damage, injury, death & driving penalties. The end result will be a competent driver who is capable of managing the daily pressures of driving on our busy roads & forms part of the journey of continued driving risk reduction.
During the workshop, participants will:
- Participate in interactive discussions using visual training resources
- Develop visual, hazard and knowledge perception
- Consider the correct application of their vehicles’ technology
- Identify the difference between active and passive safety features
- Identify the risks associated with driving on today’s roads e.g. distractions, speed, mobile phones and fatigue
- Analyse personal exposure to risk and agree suitable coping strategies to overcome barriers to future safe and fuel-efficient driving