About the course
The aim of this workshop is to contribute to reducing road casualties by increasing intention to comply with the speed limit and to drive at an appropriate speed. Drivers are far more likely to conform if they understand the reasoning behind speed limits and how to distinguish between the limits imposed on various roads. It provides training techniques to influence and develop a driver’s Attitude, Behaviour and Competence (Driver ABC).
Drivers speed for a wide variety of different reasons. The workshop explores the likely causes of speeding by raising the drivers’ awareness of the associated risks. At the end, participants will be able to determine speed limits on all UK roads and identify the associated risks.
During the workshop, participants will:
- Participate in interactive discussions using visual training resources
- Identify road safety issues in the UK
- Understand the financial, personal implications and possible consequences of non-compliance of speed limits
- Discuss the possible consequences of driving above the speed limits
- Identify the benefits of complying with speed limits
- Develop and agree suitable coping strategies to overcome barriers to driving at the posted limits